Sunday, May 13, 2012

9 Months Old and Walking!


9 Months Old and Walking, Who Does That??? Oh yeah, TYLER!!
                Yes, out little man is now a terror and walking everywhere and getting into EVERYTHING!!! He started walking right when he turned nine months old and has truly taken off since then.  I literally have a video of him one night taking four or five steps and the next night he was walking across the room as we were FaceTiming with grammie and grampie!  Everyone always told me that they grow up fast but I never believed them because time seemed to pass by so slow as a kid.  But after getting married and having Tyler, time truly does pass you by! 
                Chris will start nursing school in less than a month!  He could tell you exactly how many days, but all I know is that it will be way too soon!  I love having him all to myself and the time we have as a family.  However, once he starts nursing school I have a feeling he will be a little more busy with his studies.  But we are excited for him to start and get through the program.  He purchased his official GCU scrubs and as he put, “I look like a big grape!”  Ha ha, last thing I thought of when he put them on, but that will be his wardrobe for the next 20 months! 
                This Tuesday is my last clinical at the VA hospital, YAY!  It has been a frustrating but good experience.  The first week they didn’t have codes or badges for us, so the students just ran around doing CNA work.  The next week we had to go get our codes and badges which took up half of the clinical day.  The next week went better except that one of my students didn’t have a code and her patient refused to have her take care of him!  I felt bad for her but all we could to was improvise so she tagged along with all the different students.  Last week went well except that one of the student’s patients left the floor the whole time we were there, so again, we had to improvise.  I just count on something not going right this week and that way I won’t be surprised when it happens.  But it has been a good experience and I am glad that I did it.  I do wish that I could keep teaching but I don’t think working full time around Chris’s school schedule would easily allow that.  Plus, that would mean we would have to find a babysitter for Tyler which we are really trying to avoid.
                We are so excited for this weekend!  Chris and I are going on a getaway to Tucson to a resort.  I figured I should enjoy one last weekend with him since the next 20 months I probably won’t see him muchJ  Mom agreed to watch Tyler and she was going to come up here to watch him, but Dad said she needed to bring him down to Safford so he could see him too.  So, we decided a Tucson resort would be fun and we would be able to shop and have lots of restaurants to choose from.  Lucky for us, Chris’s brother Jon has a hookup for everything, so he was able to get us a room at a really nice resort and a very nice price!  We are excited to spend the time together and of course, sleep in!  Tyler has been waking up at 6:30 or 7 now, so a day to sleep in sounds heavenly! 
I am especially excited to go shopping because I finally hit my goal “weight” number!  I have been working toward it since last August after I had Tyler.  Everyone told me that if I breastfed him the weight would just fall off.  And it did to an extent, but I sure had to work for those last 15 pounds.  Chris and I did a round of P90X, and that helped but didn’t get me there.  So then we tried a little bit of the Insanity workouts, and those are literally insane!  Then, we did the Insanity Asylum videos and I was a bigger fan of those, they were harder but not as much cardio.  I have noticed a difference in my endurance and have really enjoyed getting into shape again.

No comments:

Post a Comment