Thursday, July 14, 2011

1 month old!

      It is crazy how fast time is flying by!  Tyler was one month old officially yesterday.  The last three nights he has been doing so, so good!  He has been going to bed at 11 pm and waking up at 3-4 am and then again about 6-7 am and then lays down until 9-10 am.  The extra hours of sleep are amazing!  During the day, he goes about every three hours before he needs to eat.  My favorite thing to do is have my phone handy so I can catch his precious smiles.  I know my phone is not as good of quality as my camera, but it snaps pictures a lot faster than the camera and I always have it handy.
      Chris took the GRE today for PA school.  He wasn't super excited about his scores, but he did improve from the last time he took it.  The school that requires a high GRE score is Midwestern, which is in Glendale and Illinois.  He applied to both schools, and to Utah and Arkansas, so cross your fingers for us that he gets accepted somewhere.  It is crazy to think that next year we could be packing up our house and moving out of state!  The first time I moved, I fit all of my belongings in my mom's car.  The next few times, I only moved 10 minutes from my previous location, so moving out of state seems crazy!  But we will see what the Lord has planned for us.
      Adjusting to motherhood has been going really good.  Of course, I have had the overwhelming feeling that I can't do this and am not an adequate mom, but I think that is a standard for any new mom.  The first really big breakdown happened when Tyler was having his fussy week.  We were willing to try anything to help the little guy feel better so we bought some drops from Sprouts for colic.  The first time I gave them to him, he was screaming his head off and nothing I did was helping.  I gave him the drops and he seemed to like them and appeared he was swallowing OK.  I then realized he was not swallowing, he was choking!!! His little lips started to turn blue, I immediately sat him up and patted his back.  He began to gasp and cry again, but I was so grateful to hear him cry.  I then just held him in the nursery and bawled my eyes out thinking that our child almost choked because of the drops I was giving him.  Then, my husband came in and reminded me to look at Tyler and yes, he was OK.  He was breathing and everything was OK.  I just need those constant reminders that my best is all I can give.  Chris has been so good with both me and Tyler.  He never turns down to change a diaper, even a poopy one:-)  He offers to let me nap during the day when I am feeling overly exhausted and has continued to cook his wonderful meals.  I feel so blessed to have him in my life to take care of me. 

1 comment:

  1. It'd be sweet if you ended up in UT! I always grew up saying I'd never marry a Jazz fan and I'd NEVER live in UT. I did both :) and I'm so glad I did. I actually love it up here!

    ReplyDelete